the Boring new me !

I've noticed lately that when ever I get invited over to have a cup of coffee with some friends , all I talk about is school , my studies ,my thesis, my work ,the job meetings, the courses I'm intending to take and basically repeating myself over and over and over again. The girls get excited at first and then they get plain bored I can see it in their blank faces and behind their pale smile! And I don’t seem to give anyone a chance to speak! I'm the only one who's talking and I mean talking like a non-stop! You know like those people who talk a lot and you'd say to yourself! "this person needs to breathe" … the problem is I don’t have anything else to talk about!, even when I'm at home sitting with family, I always find myself being quiet when they talk about things that are not related to what I do. This is so not me! I used to be the joke girl! What's going on with me? I bore myself. I'm turning to be the kind of girls I used to hate…still do in fact! I know what's happening to me is not right, I know my weak points. I always remind myself not to mention anything about those "boring" issues! But I can't help it! I find myself talking about it unconsciously! I don't want this new "me"!! ………….HELP =(
P.S: does anyone know what are the papers required to register in the Graduates Society?
I tried to call them but no one picked up the phone!


why dont u get one of ur friends to warn u when u start doing it to make u more conscious of it WHILE ur doing it.. bit by bit, u might stop and then u'll be forced to talk about other things.
Posted by
MSB |
15/2/06 12:51 AM
Hahah! Ya 7ilwich...wallah ana agol talk away o 6al3ay 7aritich...they're ur friends so its their job to tolerate you :P
Posted by
Delicately Realistic |
15/2/06 12:55 AM
one thing i tell u, from my litle experience
LOVE your self, be fat be short be ugly , be kind be mean be whoever u wana be
but LOVE UR SELF, once u start to feel bad about ur self ull hate every thing good around u
once u love ur self ull love everything around u ,even the bad things
cheer up
Posted by
Mohammad Al-Yousifi |
15/2/06 3:11 AM
maybe you are overburdening yourself with excessive amounts of work.... the best thing is just to take a break away from studying or anything that is related to it :)
Posted by
متفرغ |
15/2/06 3:23 AM
Hi there, i find it cute el garga girl:) and Kila ma6goog is right ...dont think before you talk o lat'thegh6een 3ala nafsech wayed o wish you the best :)
Posted by
cozy |
15/2/06 11:39 AM
Just relax. And remember what used to make you alive. I was in that situation once and I just was shocked to see my self get to that state. So I sat with my self and re-arranged my life and my priorities.
Good luck.
Posted by
Hussa-G |
15/2/06 12:13 PM
mother c
i think i can relate, becoz all i talk to el shabab about on msn hal ayam is "im waiting for my essay results" (and here i go at it again heh)
but from my experience when i came back to kuwait (a month and so weeks ago), it was totally different
so im pretty sure its just becoz now is the time to "talk about" ur studies .. once ur done ur gonna be back to 'normal' if i understood ur post correctly
o ba3dain laish mestaghreba, 6alabat majestair 6ol 3omorna fatheeeeen o milaaaag .. wela shal fathawa ely khalatna nagbel 3ala hal balwa in the 1st place? think of it THAT way
-
graduates society gasdech jam3eyat el khirejeen (translating, no idea) .. ma adry but i dont reckon anything other than the usual, be6aga madaneya o shahada probably o cham sora 7ag kart
sorry just guessing
Posted by
Temetwir |
15/2/06 7:00 PM
msb
the problem is i DONT HAVE "something else" to talk about !! yes i'm that pathetic =(
delicately realistic
7alat Dinyach ;*
i can't tolerate myself ,shloon uhmah ilmisakeen ! ;-p
kila ma6goog
correct me if i'm wrong , but doesnt that lead to arrogance ! and might even make others Hate me ?!
متفرغ
i am pushing myself too hard !, i wish i could take a vacation ! but i guess things dont always come our way , does it ?
Posted by
Mother Courage |
17/2/06 2:13 AM
cozy
thanks a lot ;*
hussa-g
will try my best inshallah , thanks for your wishes ;-)
Temetwir
LOOL 3ayal fatheen w millag ?? kadaina khaiiir !!!
shsawait b your essay ? hope everything went fine ! ... w ana mn bedait my master prog wana sayra ma anbili3 , i have almost two years to go !! ya3ny this "mala'3ah" thing gonna last all that time !! ya 7asreteee =(
جوزه
تو مانور البلوق ..اللي فهمتيه تقريبا صح .. مشكورة على الزيارة و لاتقاطعين
Posted by
Mother Courage |
17/2/06 2:19 AM
Use the old technique of not saying much and just saying a few things that will get them talking instead, then you go back to being quiet, then drop another, and let them talk. Keep doing this and you will be a master.
Posted by
Purgatory |
17/2/06 9:46 AM
well i feel the same since long time ago .. i was more fun sara7a .. or that what i believe atleast .. anyhow things change we get older and older ppl are more ddificult to laught than younger one .. for me it is nice to meet some one who is really interested in his profition . such a rare thing now adays .. and by the way i got the same problem but i do it case ppl ask abotu diseases and medications side effects .. amean i am not only medical student am more than this ( oh REALLY !! ) any how .. for me you are not booring :) but are an adult ..
Posted by
Sowhat |
17/2/06 10:51 AM
purgatory
you don't talk about politics , you give smart advices and your in your prime !! ... and beside all that ,you're planning to bring me that yellow diamond ...lets get married ;-p
no seriously thats one of the best techniques ! but it would take some time to get used to it.
Posted by
Mother Courage |
17/2/06 9:38 PM
sowhat
"anyhow things change we get older and older "
take that back ! unless if you mean your the one who is getting older ,coz for your information i'm 18 till i die ;-p
well i guess now you know i'm boring and living in self denial aswell ;-p
Posted by
Mother Courage |
17/2/06 9:43 PM
hmm, i give smart advices and am in my prime? thats new to me :)
Sure lets get married, there is not much left in me that works properly, but I guess you would not mind when you have the diamond.
The technique will work, just do it slowly.
Posted by
Purgatory |
19/2/06 10:56 PM
purg
;-)
Posted by
Mother Courage |
20/2/06 8:05 PM
Post a Comment