ماله ريش ولا منقار
.
.
Sometimes I wish real-life dialogue was scripted by some talented TV writer..wouldn't it be great if instead of all these insipid conversations we had genuine witty dialogue ? If arguments were not turning rapidly in a flow of swearwords and name-calling, but instead were composed of erudite remarks, and, if it comes to that, cleverly worded insults ?
one of my favorite scripted dialogues is from Sports Night, by Aaron Sorkin. Full quote goes like this:
.
-Casey McCall: Now, when I say "yesterday", I am not speaking metaphorically. I mean, it was yesterday. What happened to your values?
.
-Dan Rydell: I find that maintaining them is a lot of work. I take a day off every now and then.
.
-Casey McCall: You take a vacation from doing the right thing? ...
.
-Dan Rydell: Yeah. I don't loot storefronts or anything, but once in a while, when I consider the effort it takes to diligently adhere to a moral compass, I take myself out of the lineup and I rest for the next game.
.
-Casey McCall: I swear, you can run for congress and win.
.
.
.

i'm LOVING this haircut.. if only it suited my face shape =(
.
Sometimes I wish real-life dialogue was scripted by some talented TV writer..wouldn't it be great if instead of all these insipid conversations we had genuine witty dialogue ? If arguments were not turning rapidly in a flow of swearwords and name-calling, but instead were composed of erudite remarks, and, if it comes to that, cleverly worded insults ?
one of my favorite scripted dialogues is from Sports Night, by Aaron Sorkin. Full quote goes like this:
.
-Casey McCall: Now, when I say "yesterday", I am not speaking metaphorically. I mean, it was yesterday. What happened to your values?
.
-Dan Rydell: I find that maintaining them is a lot of work. I take a day off every now and then.
.
-Casey McCall: You take a vacation from doing the right thing? ...
.
-Dan Rydell: Yeah. I don't loot storefronts or anything, but once in a while, when I consider the effort it takes to diligently adhere to a moral compass, I take myself out of the lineup and I rest for the next game.
.
-Casey McCall: I swear, you can run for congress and win.
.
.
.

i'm LOVING this haircut.. if only it suited my face shape =(


Alright, but you wanna know how Dan Rydell and Casey McCall would be like after shooting?
Peter Krause: Man, I'm sick o' that jerk Malina, only reason he got the part is cuz he's a kiss-ass.
Josh Charles: Oh and you're not?
Peter Krause: Shut up. Run for Congress, yeah right.
Josh Charles: Hey, I can run for Congress, all I gotta do is google what they do down there.
Aaron Sorkin's internal thoughts: Man am I rich. I'm so glad my mama talked me out of farming. Farmers, Ha! What a joke.
------------
Personally, I'd pick insipid & real over scripted & phony any day of the week.
Oh and Hollywood's a joke.
That's on account o' you callin' me weird. How bout them apples? :-)
Get online more often.
Posted by
Anonymous |
11/10/09 6:53 AM
Oh and one more thing:
إلا البداوة عيّت من يداويها
LoL. Whatta line!
I beg to differ though; change the attitude to change people.
-----------
Don't know how you can possibly call me weird and come up with that hairdo. Girl looks like a rooster man. LoL.
You shouldn't worry about the way you look though. Your personality takes care of that. You might as well shave your head, you'd still look pretty.
No joke.
Posted by
Anonymous |
11/10/09 8:22 PM
awww!!
i take my word back .. you're not weird.. youre sweet, mashkourah =)
Posted by
Mother Courage |
12/10/09 9:43 PM
btw i knew you were the same anonymous that commented on shagran's post!.. because no one ever agreed with me :P
Posted by
Mother Courage |
12/10/09 9:46 PM
Most welcome.
Quit referring to me as female, would you? It's emasculating.
--------
As for Shagran, I didn't agree :-P
Posted by
Anonymous |
13/10/09 12:58 AM
emasculating? then pick up a nickname.. reading your comments made me think your a girl, a shiite one to be specific! =)
Posted by
Mother Courage |
14/10/09 5:57 PM
LoL
Wrong on both accounts :-)
Made me chuckle there, Courage. Been having a rough day. Thanks.
Posted by
Anonymous |
14/10/09 6:09 PM
8
Posted by
Mother Courage |
16/1/10 2:48 AM
Post a Comment